Monday, December 16, 2013

Teaching JavaFX, Part 3

As part of the preparations for next semester, I taught another introductory JavaFX workshop. I tried to compress as much as I could into 3 hours and focused a lot more on properties and binding than I did last year.

The projects we built can be found here:

You may have already seen part one, as it's simply an update of my Guybrush Threepwood animation example. This example covers the basics of using JavaFX, as well as event handling and animation.


Part two is a new example that covers properties and binding, layout panes, using MVC with FXML and Scene Builder, as well as some basic CSS. If you're an intermediate student, you should particularly pay attention to the way MVC is implemented, namely with the Passive View style of MVC.


Happy coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment