The native bundles come with their own JRE, no need to install or update Java.
Please note the following:
- I wrote this game to learn about JavaFX and casual game programming.
- The intended goal of this game is to teach casual game programming in an object-oriented fashion using JavaFX.
- This is not supposed to be the next Angry Birds, so don't request feature X, Y or Z.
The roadmap for Jumpman includes the following:
- Provide a graphical level designer.
- Replace the artwork with something that will not get me sued. Art students are welcome to participate in developing artwork and setting a theme for the final game.
- Allow levels and highscores to be submitted online.
- See if we can get the final game published on the Mac App store.
- Hope Oracle will support JavaFX on iOS and Android.
Have fun playing around with this, and let me know if you think you've found a bug !
You can reach me at firstname dot lastname at icloud dot com.